Legal Definition of true threat
Note: True threats are not protected as free speech by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and render the person making the threat liable to criminal prosecution.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game