Legal Definition of total incorporation
Note: The total incorporation doctrine has never been adopted by a majority of the U.S. Supreme Court. The majority opinions of the Supreme Court have instead adhered to a fundamental fairness standard or applied selective incorporation in determining whether a state has violated the Fourteenth Amendment's due process clause.
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game