tentative minimum taxnoun
ten·ta·tive minimum tax | \ ˈten-tə-tiv-\
Legal Definition of tentative minimum tax
: a tax that to the extent it exceeds regular tax liability is the alternative minimum tax liability and that is determined by adjusting taxable income by adding tax preference items under Internal Revenue Code section 57 and subtracting an exemption amount under section 55
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game