tender years exceptionnoun
Legal Definition of tender years exception
: an exception to the hearsay rule in some jurisdictions that allows the use of an out-of-court statement by a young child in an abuse or neglect case if the time, content, and circumstances of the statement provide sufficient indications of reliability and the child will testify or else is unavailable as a witness but there is corroborating evidence of the act in question
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game