sum cer·tain | \ ˈsəm-ˈsərt-ᵊn\
Legal Definition of sum certain
: an amount that can be determined with certainty from the information presented (as on a negotiable instrument) without resort to outside sources
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game