Legal Definition of subornation
: an act or instance of suborning subornation of perjured statements to protect witnesses from intimidation and subornation — WBZ-TV4 v. DA for the Suffolk Dist., 562 N.E.2d 817 (1990)
Note: Subornation of perjury is a crime.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game