Legal Definition of strong mark
: a trademark or service mark that is distinctive and is used in a fictitious, arbitrary, or fanciful manner in connection with a product — compare weak mark
Note: A strong mark is afforded greater trademark protection than a weak mark.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game