Legal Definition of strong mark
: a trademark or service mark that is distinctive and is used in a fictitious, arbitrary, or fanciful manner in connection with a product — compare weak mark
Note: A strong mark is afforded greater trademark protection than a weak mark.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game