statute of repose
statute of re·pose | \ -ri-ˈpōz\
Legal Definition of statute of repose
: a statute that bars a cause of action after a period of time running from a particular act (as the delivery of a product) or event even if the cause of action has not accrued (as upon discovery of a defect) the statute of repose began to run upon completion of the house even though the defect was not discovered for several years
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game