Legal Definition of state action
Note: State actions are subject to judicial scrutiny for violations of the rights to due process and equal protection guaranteed under the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Such an action may be the subject of a claim brought under federal law (as section 1983) by one alleging a violation of constitutional rights, privileges, or immunities.
Note: Such efforts are immune from antitrust liability.
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game