standard mortgage clausenoun
Legal Definition of standard mortgage clause
: a mortgage clause that is usually considered to form a separate contract between the insurer and mortgagee under which the mortgagee can collect payment even if the policy is void or voidable with regard to the insured (as because of fraud or nonpayment)
— called also union mortgage clause
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?