special use permitnoun
Legal Definition of special use permit
: an authorization from an appropriate government body (as a zoning board) for a use of property that is a special exception : lawful approval for a special exception
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game