source of law
Legal Definition of source of law
: something (as a constitution, treaty, custom, or statute) that provides the authority for judicial decisions and for legislation specifically : a labor contract as the source of authority for an arbitrator's decision
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?