small tax casenoun
Legal Definition of small tax case
: a case brought in the U.S. Tax Court to resolve a dispute with the Internal Revenue Service worth less than $50,000 in which the taxpayer elects to use simplified procedures with no right of appeal
— called also S case
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?