simultaneous death actnoun
Legal Definition of simultaneous death act
Note: The simultaneous death act is a uniform act that has been adopted by most states. It covers situations where the title to or transfer of property depends on priority of death. In general, for determining the disposal of property, each decedent is considered to have survived the other, and an insured individual is considered to have survived a beneficiary.
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?