Legal Definition of short refinance
: a refinance of a mortgage in which the lender agrees to reduce the amount owed and forgive the remainder
Note: Short refinances are used by lenders as an alternative to foreclosure.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game