Legal Definition of separate maintenance
: maintenance paid (as by court order) from one spouse to another during separation entitlement to separate maintenance does not extend to the division of marital assets — Kennedy v. Kennedy, 662 So. 2d 179 (1995)
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game