Legal Definition of saving clause
: a clause in a statute exempting something from the statute's operation or providing that the rest of it will stand if part is held invalid also : a contractual clause providing that if part of the contract is invalidated the rest shall remain in effect
— called also savings clause
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game