res no·va | \ ˈrēz-ˈnō-və, ˈrās-\
Legal Definition of res nova
: a case or issue that has never before been decided by a court plaintiff admits this case is res nova in Alabama — McDermott v. Hambright, 238 So. 2d 876 (1970)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?