res inter alios actanoun
res in·ter ali·os acta | \ ˈrēz-ˈin-tər-ˈā-lē-ˌōs-ˈak-tə, ˈrās-ˈin-ter-ˈä-lē-ˌōs-ˈäk-tä\
Legal Definition of res inter alios acta
: something transacted between other parties
Note: This term is used in reference to matters not involving the same parties as those in litigation. Evidence of such matters is generally inadmissible.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game