res inter alios actanoun
res in·ter ali·os acta | \ ˈrēz-ˈin-tər-ˈā-lē-ˌōs-ˈak-tə, ˈrās-ˈin-ter-ˈä-lē-ˌōs-ˈäk-tä\
Legal Definition of res inter alios acta
: something transacted between other parties
Note: This term is used in reference to matters not involving the same parties as those in litigation. Evidence of such matters is generally inadmissible.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game