re·is·sue patent | \ ˌrē-ˈi-ˌshü-, -ˈis-ˌyü-\
Legal Definition of reissue patent
: a patent that is issued to fix defects (as invalid claims) of an original patent and that replaces and is granted for the remainder of the term of the original patent
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game