Legal Definition of regulatory taking
Note: In order to determine whether a regulatory taking is effected by a regulation, a court will consider the government's interest that is being furthered by the regulation, the breadth or specificity of the regulation, and the extent of the regulation's impact on the owner's property rights and expectations. The U.S. Supreme Court has held that an owner can bring an action for compensation when the taking has deprived the owner of all use of the property even temporarily. Otherwise, the owner may be entitled only to declaratory relief.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game