Legal Definition of registration statement
Note: A registration statement is required by the Securities and Exchange Commission before new shares may be offered for sale to the public. It includes, among other things, information about a corporation's capital structure, its financial condition and operations, and the personal relationships of the directors and officers of the company to the issuer. A condensed version of the registration certificate serves as a prospectus.
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game