Legal Definition of redhibitory defect
— called also redhibitory vice
Note: A seller that knows of a redhibitory defect but omits to declare it, or that declares the thing to have a quality he or she knows it does not, is liable for return of the purchase price with interest and for damages, other expenses, and reasonable attorney's fees.
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game