Legal Definition of reasonable probability
: a probability that the result of a proceeding would have been different if not for the unprofessional errors of counsel or nondisclosure of exculpatory material by the prosecution which is sufficient to undermine confidence in the outcome
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?