Legal Definition of real right
in the civil law of Louisiana : a right that is attached to a thing rather than a person the right of ownership…may be burdened with a real right in favor of another person as allowed by law — Louisiana Civil Code
Note: A real right is not restricted to real property since it can also be attached to movable property. Real rights include ownership, use, pledge, usufruct, mortgage, and predial servitude.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game