Legal Definition of rational basis
: a reason or ground (as for legislation or an action by a government agency) that is not unreasonable or arbitrary and that bears a rational relationship to a legitimate state interest — see also rational basis test
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?