Legal Definition of qualifying event
Note: Qualifying events for continuation of group health insurance coverage include the death, divorce, or legal separation of the employee, termination from employment for a reason other than gross misconduct, reduction in working hours, and the change in status of a child who ceases to be classified as a dependent under the terms of the plan. An employee is entitled to notice of the right to continuation after a qualifying event occurs.
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game