Legal Definition of qualifying event
Note: Qualifying events for continuation of group health insurance coverage include the death, divorce, or legal separation of the employee, termination from employment for a reason other than gross misconduct, reduction in working hours, and the change in status of a child who ceases to be classified as a dependent under the terms of the plan. An employee is entitled to notice of the right to continuation after a qualifying event occurs.
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game