puff·ing | \ ˈpə-fiŋ \
Legal Definition of puffing
: the practice of making exaggerated commendations especially for promotional purposes also : the exaggerated commendations made
Note: Generally, a seller cannot be held liable for misrepresentation for statements that amount to mere puffing. Nor can puffing be considered to create an express warranty.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game