private mortgage insurancenoun
Legal Definition of private mortgage insurance
: insurance that a lender may require a borrower to purchase to cover losses in the event of default of a residential loan especially when the borrower is giving the lender a mortgage on property in which the borrower has less than 20 percent equity
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game