Legal Definition of presentence report
Note: The information contained in a presentence report includes the defendant's prior criminal history (if any) and relevant (as financial) circumstances, the appropriate classification of the defendant and of the offense under the established classification system, the kinds and range of sentences and programs available, and the impact of the offense on the victim.
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game