Legal Definition of practical construction
1 : the interpretation of the terms of a contract as shown by the performance of the parties that may be used by the court to help determine the intent of the parties also : the doctrine that permits such a method of discerning intent — compare course of performance
2 : interpretation of a statute or document in a manner that does not defeat its purpose especially when a strict interpretation would produce clearly unintended or absurd results
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game