phantom stock plannoun
phan·tom stock plan
Legal Definition of phantom stock plan
: a form of executive compensation in which an employee is granted units representing shares of stock which are redeemable at a specified future date for the market value of an equivalent number of corporate shares but which in the interval are nontransferable, have no cash value, and confer none of the noneconomic rights (as voting) conferred by ordinary stock
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game