Legal Definition of pair-or-set clause
: a provision in an insurance policy giving the insurer the option in the case of loss of fewer than all items in a set to restore the set to its value before the loss or pay the difference between the value before and after the loss
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game