open mortgage clausenoun
Legal Definition of open mortgage clause
: a mortgage clause which provides that payments go first to the mortgagee to the extent of its interest and which makes the mortgagee's right to receive payment dependent on the mortgagor's right to recover under the policy
— called also simple mortgage clause
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game