non est factumnoun
non est fac·tum | \ ˈnän-ˌest-ˈfak-təm, ˈnōn-ˌest-ˈfäk-tu̇m\
Legal Definition of non est factum
: a defense by way of denial of a deed (as the execution of a contract)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game