Legal Definition of no-eyewitness rule
: a rule in tort law: in the absence of testimony by eyewitnesses a jury may assume that a person has exercised reasonable care to preserve his or her own safety —used especially in Iowa
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?