ni·hil di·cit | \ ˈnī-əl-ˈdē-sit, ˈnī-hil-, ˈnē-hil-, -ˈdī-\
Legal Definition of nihil dicit
1 : refusal or neglect by a defendant to plead or answer
2 : a judgment rendered against a defendant who refuses or neglects to plead or answer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game