meeting of creditors
meet·ing of creditors
Legal Definition of meeting of creditors
: a hearing held pursuant to section 341 of the Bankruptcy Code at which the debtor is examined under oath by the trustee in bankruptcy regarding the bankruptcy estate
Note: Creditors may but are not required to attend.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game