meeting of creditors
meet·ing of creditors
Legal Definition of meeting of creditors
: a hearing held pursuant to section 341 of the Bankruptcy Code at which the debtor is examined under oath by the trustee in bankruptcy regarding the bankruptcy estate
Note: Creditors may but are not required to attend.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game