Legal Definition of loaned servant
1 : an employee of one employer who is temporarily under the control of another
— called also loaned employee
2 : a doctrine under which a loaned servant is considered an employee of the borrowing employer who is thus liable for negligence or workers' compensation
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game