limited public forumnoun
Legal Definition of limited public forum
: a public forum created by the government voluntarily for expressive activity that may be restricted as to subject matter or class of speaker
— called also limited forum, limited open forum— compare open forum, public forum
Note: The restriction of a limited public forum must be able to withstand strict judicial scrutiny of its effect on First Amendment rights.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game