Legal Definition of juridical person
in the civil law of Louisiana : an entity (as a partnership or corporation) that is given rights and responsibilities — compare natural person
Note: The rights and responsibilities of a juridical person are distinct from those of the natural persons constituting it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?