Legal Definition of irreparable injury
: serious injury to a party that justifies relief especially by preliminary injunction
— called also irreparable damage, irreparable harm
Note: Typical irreparable injury is not remediable by monetary compensation.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game