ipso facto clausenoun
Legal Definition of ipso facto clause
— called also bankruptcy clause, ipso facto bankruptcy clause
Note: An ipso facto clause is invalid under the Bankruptcy Code because a trustee is not bound by any provision or applicable law that is conditioned on the debtor's insolvency.
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game