Legal Definition of interstate commerce
Note: While interstate commerce has been narrowly interpreted in judicial decisions in the past, more recent decisions have interpreted it more broadly and have allowed Congress to regulate internal or local activities that affect interstate commerce. For example, cattle crossing a state line while grazing and the movement of pollutants across state lines have been considered interstate commerce by federal courts in order to uphold Congress's regulatory jurisdiction.
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?