Legal Definition of innocent spouse
Note: In order to be relieved of tax liability, the innocent spouse must prove that the other spouse omitted the amount of income, that he or she did not know and had no reason to know that the income had been omitted, and that it is unfair under the circumstances to hold the innocent spouse liable.
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game