Legal Definition of innocent spouse
Note: In order to be relieved of tax liability, the innocent spouse must prove that the other spouse omitted the amount of income, that he or she did not know and had no reason to know that the income had been omitted, and that it is unfair under the circumstances to hold the innocent spouse liable.
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game