incident of ownership
Legal Definition of incident of ownership
: any of several rights (as the right to change beneficiaries) that may be exercised over a life insurance policy which are used as criteria for the inclusion of the value of a policy in a decedent's gross estate for purposes of estate tax
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game