in solidoadverb or adjective
in so·li·do | \ in-ˈsä-lə-dō, -ˈsō-lē-ˌdō\
Legal Definition of in solido
in the civil law of Louisiana : for the whole : involving all an in solido obligation if several persons have jointly borrowed the same object, they are bound for it in solido to the lender — Louisiana Civil Code — compare joint and several
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game