head of household
head of house·hold
Legal Definition of head of household
: an unmarried individual who is not a surviving spouse and who maintains a household which for more than one-half of the taxable year is the principal abode of a person who qualifies as a dependent under section 2(b) of the Internal Revenue Code
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?