Legal Definition of going private
: the process of transforming a public corporation into a close corporation by terminating the registration of the corporation's stock, the listing of the stock on an exchange, or the active trading of the stock on the market
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game