fiduciary shield doctrinenoun
Legal Definition of fiduciary shield doctrine
: a doctrine barring a state from exercising personal jurisdiction over a nonresident defendant as an individual if the acts for which the defendant is being sued were performed in his or her capacity as a corporate agent or employee
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game