fiduciary shield doctrinenoun
Legal Definition of fiduciary shield doctrine
: a doctrine barring a state from exercising personal jurisdiction over a nonresident defendant as an individual if the acts for which the defendant is being sued were performed in his or her capacity as a corporate agent or employee
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game